Security is paramount to the operation of mailchuck.com. Here are some of the features already in place, with improvements planned in the future.
- Logs (metadata) are kept for between 24 and 48 hours.
- Email contents are kept for about 1 hour (while they are being relayed).
- All servers handling the data use full disk encryption.
- All servers are physical rather than virtual machines.
- Email servers have TLS and certificates signed by Comodo CA
- Communication between email server and bitmessage daemon goes through an OpenVPN tunnel
- Emails are scanned for viruses with clamav
- The domain mailchuck.com has correctly configured SPF and DKIM records and outbound emails have DKIM signatures
- Inbound email is greylisted (in combination with SPF checking)
- IPs of servers are checked against multiple DNSBL
- Outbound email is throttled to 1 message per minute per mailchuck.com user. This is to prevent spamming and may change in the future.